In 1949, Linton N. Tibbetts bought Cox Lumber Co. and began executing plans that created the largest independently owned lumber and building materials supplier in the state of Florida.
In 2006, the Tibbetts Family sold Cox Lumber Co. but continued to operate Cox Lumber Ltd. in Grand Cayman, BWI, its export operations (Tibbetts International) and a new family entity – Tibbetts Holdings in St. Petersburg, FL.
Mr. Tibbetts, his family and the entire Tibbetts Lumber team believe that regardless of economic conditions, there is a place for a supplier whose business is based on the principle - building strong relationships, providing outstanding customer service, executing ethical business transactions and recognizing and catering to customer needs and expectations. These principles have prompted past success and we trust that they will lead to further success and goodwill in the future.
Tibbetts Lumber currently serves customers in the state of Florida out of four locations. Our Lutz location, located at the intersection of US 41 and SR 54 is a full-service lumberyard with retail, truss and door plant production and distribution center with rail siding, covering Pasco, Citrus, Hernando and Hillsborough counties. St. Petersburg, the former Cox Lumber location owned by the family, serves customers in Pinellas, Manatee and Sarasota counties and houses a full-service lumberyard, door plant and retail operation, as well as the corporate headquarters for the Company. The southwest coast of Florida, including Charlotte, Lee and Collier counties are serviced by our Fort Myers location in Lehigh Acres, a full-service lumberyard, truss and door plant. On the East Coast of Florida we have opened a full-service lumberyard and truss plant in Palm Bay, handling Brevard, Indian River, St. Lucie, Orange and Osceola counties.
In the great tradition, honor and memory of our esteemed founder, Mr. Linton Tibbetts, Tibbetts Lumber and its team of experts is committed to providing only the best products and services to each and every customer.